Monday 12 September 2011

Playing Terminal Velocity

One of the things that I really hate about Windows 7 is the lack of fullscreen support of the DOS applications.

I have been around computers since I was a little boy, and I still love the games I used to play then like: Prince of Persia 1 & 2, Sky Roads, Lomax, Death Rally and River Raid. and some games that I would love to play but being introduced to much smoother game perfomances I find playing such games is a bit confusing and annoying like per-historical 2 and a game about vikings. I love a classic typing applications called Typing Tutor which is not working anymore because of the 2000 problem (It can not react to current dates becuase the last year it could handle is 1999)
Terminal Velocity 

So, after installing Windows 7 due to problems with my USB Modem I found out that I can not run such applications any more but today I remembered a game called "Terminal Velocity" and I was determined to play it even if I have to remove Windows 7. so I searched the internet and for ways to run full screen 16-bit DOS applications and the answer was simple, all you have to do is to disable your Display Adapter. And I disabled it.

I installed "Terminal Velocity" and ran the game, I played the first mission and enjoyed it so much. even though the display was not good by any means and there was Lagging but I found those minutes I spent playing this game are very enjoyable, I didn't enjoy playing a flight simulator since Freespace 2

The thing that reminded me of this game is the part where you fly in tunnels and those tunnels are full of traps, although this is not realistic it can not be found in any game I have played recently.
Freespace 2
PREHISTORIK 

Prince of Persia 2
Prince of Persia 
Lomax 

Death Rally 
Those are some images from the old games that I like and they are still on my Computer, contact me if you want any of them.



No comments: